Orderable online (www.EmersonSmartWireless.com/FieldKit), the kit establishes an out-of-the-box secure WirelessHART self-organizing network that delivers greater than 99 percent communications reliability in the steel and concrete environment of plants. The network organizes around obstacles whether permanent as with steel girders, or mobile as with moving rail cars or vehicles.
The Smart Wireless starter kit includes:
- Any combination of five or more wireless pressure, temperature, DP level, DP flow, vibration, or pH transmitters and discrete switches
- A secure, robust Smart Wireless Gateway
- AMS Suite predictive maintenance software which delivers powerful diagnostic information from the wireless devices
- Wireless SNAP-ON for AMS Suite; making wireless field network design easy and flawless
- Smart Start Services which include a full network health assessment to ensure robust communications plus verification of device functionality and output to the user's Modbus, OPC, Ethernet or other communications system.
No site surveys, no front end engineering design, or special tools are required to implement a wireless network using the kit, and everything can be installed and commissioned within minutes. Users can easily add additional devices to the self-organizing mesh network, which is infinitely configurable.
Hundreds of Emerson customers across all industries have implemented Smart Wireless, which allows them to touch plant areas that had previously been financially or physically impossible to reach with conventional, hard-wired devices. Wireless helps them collect new predictive intelligence data to protect assets, improve process monitoring and control, and boost health, safety and environmental compliance.
Proven ideal Smart Wireless applications include monitoring the vibration of critical rotating equipment, collecting trend data on asset performance, monitoring bearing and lube temperatures, finding cold spots in steam lines, preventing spills, and monitoring emissions, safety showers, and pressure relief valves.